Friday, March 20, 2009

Inquisitive Child

Well, it's been awhile since I updated my blog because I've been pretty busy. I actually had my first date in the past 5 years. He's a wonderful guy and "no" I will not share the tidbits. (LOL) Suffice it to say, it was great getting out of the house and doing something other than the internet!!!!

My niece, bless her heart, just wants the best for me. She was in hospital with a sickle cell crisis so I cared for her young son while she was hospitalized. Every single intern, doctor, technician or whomever that came into her room got "shoved" in my direction - and with NO tact! I was ready to give her a permanent head injury. But this one guy that I've seen in a distance for 5 years, who never even knew I existed, came to visit her. We were introduced and she immediately started singing the "my aunt is single you should take her out" song. After embarrassing us severely, I finally took the "I'm older than you, be quiet" approach to shut her up. Surprisingly, 4 days later I got a call from him and he invited me to dinner.......and that's all YOU"RE going to hear about that!! (LMAO)

My nieces son that I've been keeping is an inquisitive 5 year old (oops! now 6 year old) that insists on asking me "What Is" and "Why" about everything. What is baptism? (I got baptized last week) Why is he (the Pastor) holding my head under the water? Why can't girls run around with their top off like boys? Why can't he wrestle with girls, they want to wrestle him? ((Can you see me laughing and screaming and trying to explain this stuff?!)) I'm not a mom. I've never had a child in all my 50 years of life - until now!!! So, I change the subject to something I can talk intelligently about - SPONGEBOB! Now, ask me question about that, inquisitive one! lol

This week I'm reading Steve Harvey's "Act Like a Lady - Think Like a Man". Steve has always been one of my favorite comedians. His book is quite entertaining but he didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. (lol) I guess I've lived tooo long!

Well, gotta run! Duty calls! Until next time......

Keep a climbin'

1 comment:

B.B McFadden said...

Good for you! It's wonderful to know you are making time for yourself.
God's great blessings,

How Many People Have My Name?


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
2,622
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Thanks is all I've got....

Thanks is all I've got....
We Love You!!