Sunday, October 12, 2008

DEALING WITH UNEMPLOYMENT

I have been enjoying my time off. Money is getting thinner and I'm not sure I'll make my mortgage payment next month, but I'll let next month take care of itself. I've only had one phone interview and it sounded promising. I'll know in the next couple of weeks. I really think most businesses are waiting for the election to happen - hoping for good tax breaks to help kick-start the economy. I don't blame them. If I had a thriving business, I would do the same thing.

So I spent the last 2 weeks working in my yard. I've pulled weeds from flower beds and dug up rose bushes and all of the other hard to maintain shrubs and flowers. The yard is taking on the look I am accustomed too. :-)

I had to use my AMEX points last week to keep from losing them. Once the company refused to pay their bond holders, AMEX pulled the company's credit and closed all credit card accounts. Anyway, I just managed to get my points used up before they pulled them, too. I was able to get Home Depot giftcards to buy paint for repairsuse. So, being laid off isn't all bad. I am getting some things done I've always wanted to do. My body ache like heck though because I haven't done anything this strenuous in a long time. (lmao!) Need a massage!!! However, once I pop a Phentermine and drink 2 Red Bulls, I get energy and strength like you couldn't imagine. I turn into a regular WONDER WOOOO-MAN!! (lol).

Well, my sister's birthday is coming up and my brother-in-law wants us to go to Myrtle Beach for the weekend to celebrate. He's footing the bill so I'm looking forward to it. I think a get away will be nice for me right now.

I spent last night watching Imitation of Life. What an awesome movie!! I had forgotten how good it was and how it depicts what it is like for a child growing up in the South as a half white/half black kid.

I've bent your ears enough! Meanwhile, I want to ask you a political question? Where are our single folks and why aren't we speaking out politically, demanding our FAIR SHARE?! Afterall, more than half of the taxes paid come from single, middle class, childless workers.

Until then, remember to keep climbin......

GP

No comments:

How Many People Have My Name?


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
2,622
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Thanks is all I've got....

Thanks is all I've got....
We Love You!!